Help us kick goals!
The SAFC is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization, you donation is tax deductible and will go towards supplying the SAFC with new equipment and other necessities.
Shop with Amazon and make us smile!
Laws of the Game
SacAFL Specific Rules
1. Games are preferably 10-a-side, however this can be modified depending on our numbers. 8-a-side is the minimum and 12-a-side is the maximum.
2. Two pods will be combined each week to form a team to play another team of two combined pods. Pods will be combined with different pods each week.
3. Points will be allocated in this way for the WOMEN'S league:
- 2 points for a win if a pod contributes 4 or more players.
- 1 point if a pod contributes 2-3 players.
- -1 point for a pod that brings less than 2 players, win or lose.
- -1 point for a pod that does not provide at least 1 player for the men's game to assist with scoring, goal and boundary umpiring, and field breakdown.
4. Points will be allocated in this way for the MEN'S league:
- 2 points for a win if a pod contributes 6 or more players.
- 1 point if a pod contributes 4-5 players.
- -1 point for a pod that brings less than 4 players, win or lose.
- -1 point for a pod that does not provide at least 1 player for the women's game to assist with field setup, scoring, goal and boundary umpiring.
5. Pods are able to bring brand new players who will be allowed to play one game free. After that they must register and pay dues.
6. Any players registered that will play 4 games or less should be listed as a free agent and they will be allocated to pods that need them on the day.
7. MVPs will be selected for both the men's and women's leagues each week and announced at the post-game celebration. MVP's are not able to win more than one award during the regular season.
8. Overall MVPs will be determined by umpire votes collected after each game with 5 votes given to the best player, 4 votes to the second best player, and so on.