Help us kick goals!
The SAFC is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization, your donation is tax deductible and will go in the club's general funds for field rentals, supplying the SAFC with new equipment and other necessities.
Shop with Amazon and make us smile!
The Sacramento Australian Football Club (SAFC), a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Organization, was founded in 2009 and is managed by a group of passionate American and Australian volunteers. The SAFC has been an active presence in the community for ten years and has had over 300+ individuals join our multiple levels of Australian Football Competition.
The SAFC offers 3 levels of competition to members:
- SacFooty is a social, non-contact version of the game designed to introduce new players to the sport. Typically, the SAFC hosts a spring and summer SacFooty league with post game social gatherings and awards. For more information, or to join a league, click here.
- The Sacramento Australian Football League (SacAFL) offers both mens and womens full-contact games locally with a 8-10 week metro season. For more information or to join the SacAFL, click here. The SacAFL players, if they wish, may participate at a national level.
- National Competition Teams, the Sacramento Suns and Sacramento Lady Suns are the full-contact representative teams which compete against other teams registered in the USAFL. These games take place locally, regionally and at the USAFL Nationals Tournament every October. With over 35 clubs across the USA and more than 60 teams, the USAFL Nationals is an action packed weekend. The 2019 USAFL National Tournament is to be held in Sarasota, Florida October 13-14th!
The SAFC training sessions and games are held at local Sacramento area parks.
Sacramento Australian Football Club's Mission Statement
The Sacramento Australian Football Club strives to create a fun, inclusive atmosphere which allows us to share Australian culture and fitness with people of all ages and backgrounds. The SAFC mission statement is:
"To build a thriving Australian Football community in Sacramento that encourages participation, champions the spirit of competition, creates pathways for development, and cultivates social relationships".
What is Footy?
Australian Rules Football, otherwise known as footy, is unique to Australia and its roots traceable back to the early forms of Rugby and Gaelic Football. When asked, many of our players will describe footy as a combination of soccer, basketball, football and rugby.....however, it truly is a unique sport and the best way to find out more is to see it in action!
Join the Sacramento Suns and Sacramento Lady Suns Today!
The Sacramento Suns and Lady Suns are the United States Australian Football Leagues representative men's and women's Sacramento based teams. Both teams always welcome new recruits and no experience is necessary. We will teach you the skills and laws of the game. Join the action today!!
SAFC Youth Clinics
The Sacramento Australian Football Club, as a part of its overarching mission to build a thriving Australian Football community in Sacramento, has held several introductory footy clinics for students in several of the local school Physical Education classes. As part of this effort, members of the Sacramento Suns & Lady Suns volunteer to teach kids the basics of Ausball (the modified tag version of Footy).
For more information, click here.
Find Out How To Join The Fun!
Want to learn more? Interested in joining one of our leagues?
- Check out our News page to find out what the Suns' have been up to.
- For more information about SacFooty, click here.
- For more information about SacAFL, click here.
- Events will be updated and will be posted on the SAFC's Facebook page.
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Email us: [email protected]